*Required fields are marked with an asterisk.
University Internal Medicine, Inc.
*** Keep up to date by reading our new "Health Awareness" tab. We will update this tab monthly with useful healthcare information. ***
Please, note that Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, and Mozilla Firefox are the only web browsers that are compatible.
Welcome to University Internal Medicine, Inc. We are a primary care adult medicine practice located at 407 East Avenue,
Pawtucket, Rhode Island.
University Internal Medicine, Inc. we strive to offer our patients high-quality care.
One of the ways we do this is by offering our patients online health services through our website. These services include online appointment request, access to medical records, medication renewals, and more.
If you are currently a patient with our practice and interested in signing up for these services, simply click on the Register link at the top of this page and follow the instructions to sign-up.
Extended Hours for Walk-In Care:
At University Internal Medicine, Inc. we are committed to delivering quality patient-centered primary, comprehensive and continuing care in a setting that provides dignity and respect to all individuals, emphasizing patient access and communication.
Effective February 2, 2017, we are starting a new service called Walk-In Hours, which will be available on Mondays from 8:00 am to 10:00 am and Thursdays from 5:00 pm to 7:00 pm.
Walk-In hours are available for our established patients for illnesses and minor injuries such as flu-like symptoms, sore throat, cold, headaches, sinus infections, fevers, rashes, ear or eye infections, acute back pain, ankle sprains, minor falls.
No appointment is necessary in advance and patients will be seen based on acuity or severity of their presenting symptoms/illness.
These expanded services are intended for non-life threatening conditions that require evaluation and treatment in a short period of time.
To Prepare for your appointment:
- We request that all patients
arrive 15 minutes prior to their scheduled appointments
so that the Care Team can update your medical information and perform any necessary testing or procedures before you see the doctor.
- Be sure to bring all medications, including over the counter, with you to your visit. Bring the actual bottles as this will make it easier for the Care Team to verify dosages.
- Personal and family medical history is very important...If there have been any changes in your medical history, please write them down for your physician. In addition, check with family members regarding any health issues they may have,
particularly any new health issues, and also write them down for your physician.
- If there may be a language barrier, please bring an interpreter with you to each appointment.
- If you are a new patient to the practice, please be sure to complete the registration forms and bring them for your initial appointment. You can complete these on-line or you can request that they be mailed to you.
- Please, be sure to have a current insurance card along with a photo ID. We will ask to see these at each visit.
- Co-payments will be collected at check-in. For your convenience we accept cash, checks, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express. There will be a $5.00 service charge for co-payments not paid at the time of service.
There is a $25.00 fee for any returned checks.
- If you must cancel your appointment, we would appreciate
a 48-hour notice so that we may accommodate other patients; otherwise, there will be a $75.00 fee.
UIM has enacted a policy to dismiss patients from the practice after 3 missed or late cancellations of appointments.