*Required fields are marked with an asterisk.
University Internal Medicine, Inc.
*** Keep up to date by reading our new "Health Awareness" tab. We will update this tab monthly with useful healthcare information. ***
Please, note that Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox are only web browsers that are compitable.
Welcome to University Internal Medicine. We are a primary care adult
medicine practice located at 407 East Avenue,
Pawtucket, Rhode Island. At
University Internal Medicine we strive to offer our patients high-quality
care. One of the ways we do this is by offering our
patients online health services through our website. These services
include online appointment request, access to medical records, medication
renewals, and more. If you are currently a patient with
our practice and interested in signing up for these services, simply click
on the Register link at the top of this page and follow the instructions
You may contact University Internal Medicine at (401) 725-4700 or
via secure e-mail by logging into your patient portal account.
- We request that all patients arrive 15 minutes prior to their scheduled appointments so
that the Care Team can update your medical information and perform any
necessary testing or procedures before you see the doctor.
- Be sure to bring all medications, including over the counter, with you
to your visit. Bring the actual bottles as this will make it easier
for the Care Team to verify dosages.
- Personal and family medical history is very important...If there have
been any changes in your medical history, please write them down for your
physician. In addition, check with family members regarding any health
issues they may have, particularly any new health issues, and
also write them down for your physician.
- If there may be a language barrier, please bring an interpreter with you
to each appointment.
- If you are a new patient to the practice, please be sure to complete the
registration forms and bring them for your initial appointment. You
can complete these on-line or you can request that they be mailed to you.
- Please, be sure to have a current insurance card along with a photo ID.
We will ask to see these at each visit.
- Co-payments will be collected at check-in. For your convenience
we accept cash, checks, Visa and MasterCard. There will be
a $5.00 service charge for co-payments not paid at the time of service.
There is a $25.00 fee for any returned checks.
- If you must cancel your appointment, we would appreciate a 48-hour notice so
that we may accommodate other patients; otherwise, there will be a $75.00
fee. UIM has enacted a policy to dismiss patients from the practice after 3 missed or late cancellations of appointments.